stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedIn View Post
I love a manual transmission, and that was another reason I've held off buying a 535i just yet (in addition to the color issue): I keep going back and forth on the transmission. As I'm sure you know, less than 1% of F10's are ordered with the manual trans. At this point, I'm pretty much convinced that the 8-speed with paddles is the way to go, since this is indeed a large luxury car, and the 8-speed trans is an engineering marvel. But man, the Z3 that I bought at the end of June, with the 2.8 liter 6 and a manual transmission, is just a delight to drive. I'm really going to miss shifting gears myself. However, since my wife has the luxo 750i (with sport package!) we could just use that car when we have guests with us (or our adult kids) , so now my mind is wandering a little... that new 2011 Z4 35is in Deep Sea Blue looks pretty enticing ! Maybe I need to switch forums. Lol.

P.S. - If you end up buying a 550i and paying for the Monte Carlo Blue special paint, so much for having a stealth car... it'll look too much like an M5!
Z4 35iS is superb. I've driven it a few times with a manual and it is an outstanding chassis. You could equally buy the F10- and keep your current Z3 (Z3 can't be worth so much it makes a difference to your ability to buy F10).

Or you could get a new 640i with manual. That will also be a superb car - should be faster and more fun than the 535i. And the 640i is available in Deep Sea Blue.
Appreciate 0