View Single Post
      07-03-2014, 03:41 PM   #2
Grover432
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 535 XDrive

Thanks for your point of view. There are many posts on this topic. Those with RWD swear that the 704 sport suspension is the better way to go. I have a 535 X Drive, so the 704 suspension isn't available. I considered DHP, but in searching all of the dealerships in Canada at the end of 2013, I couldn't find one car in inventory so equipped.

There are some dealers in Canada that allow you to search their new car inventory. Calgary BMW has a dozen F10's in inventory and the last time I checked, not one was so equipped.

This begs the question: Is the option too expensive, or has BMW nailed the profile of its current customer base, who like a softer riding, smoother car as opposed to a "sports sedan". I would agree that a base 528 with its skinny steering wheel and extra light steering effort behaves somewhat like a Buick, but my 535 M Sport is far from that kind of drive.

I hope I have the opportunity to drive both cars with and without DHP. More important than the $3,500 for the DHP option is whether the car feels "right" with DHP or not. If it doesn't, I wouldn't want to be stuck with the option for 36 months.