07-03-2014, 09:03 PM   #7
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

Quote:
Originally Posted by F10Enthusiast View Post
Hi there digitalnoah, thanks for the informative thread and post. I had not driven a DHP F10 before settling on mine (dealer didn't have any). Now, I'm stating to regret not getting the DHP. Is it in any way possible to retrofit the DHP to a passive F10? I know that this will definitely sound like a stupid question but I would consider paying more than 3500 to save me the cost of trading to an F10 with this feature or to have to compromise on ride quality with spring, swaybar, etc.

Thanks a bunch.
Every time I think there's no way to retrofit something, someone seems to make it happen... so I'm going to say yes, it's probably possible. As for cost? Who knows. Aside from the obvious suspension components, there may be tangential types of parts/components that need to be swapped if, like other BMW systems, there are option-specific variants of otherwise seemingly standard parts. I'm also guessing there's some recoding and iDrive updates to be done. For instance, in my iDrive, there are menus to configure whether dampers are adjusted during dynamic drive modes - I'm assuming those features don't exist (or aren't available) in non-DHP cars.

If it costs significantly more than $3,500, and you'd otherwise lose a lot on a trade, I'd probably just look at getting it the next time around. It really is an amazing set of technologies, though. Many high-end exotics are playing with similar technologies. Active suspension systems are certainly the future.
Appreciate 0