View Single Post
      08-26-2023, 12:05 PM   #8
STobe
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 550i

Did you ever figure out the issue? Mine is making the same noise...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdUpHere View Post
Hey all! I took a break from BMWs for a while but I am now back in an N63 F10. The car is completely stock for now until I sort out a few things that have been bothering me, which brings me to this thread.

I have recently had this rattling/tapping sound, which sounds like it is coming from the passenger side of the engine bay and is mainly audible from inside the cabin (I can hear it faintly when I put my ear near the passenger headlight/kidney grille, but it is hard to hear over the injectors )

Here is a video of the noise:

This noise only exists when the car is in idle, and usually, when it has warmed up. As soon as I blip the throttle, the noise goes away.

I had changed the spark plugs a week or two before the noise started and I initially thought the noise might be from the air filter housings rattling around, but I don't think thats the issue as this issue came about at least a week afterwards and there is no change to the sound if I go under the hood and hold the air boxes steady.

I am looking for any ideas whatsoever as to what could be causing this!! I am going deaf by having to crank up the radio high enough to drown out this sound while driving haha. I would appreciate any and all help in tracking this down.
Appreciate 0