Rep
Drives: 2020 F97 X3M

Garage List
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpokenHands View Post
Hi Nigel:

I drive on a short 5 mile commute largely in a 30 mph zone so should be worst for economy but have been averaging around 32 mpg [UK]. Have not had too many long motorway journeys yet (but expect to in August) but hope it will at least get to 40 mpg laden.

I think the 5 GT has been an absolute find: once you get over the rear looks and the gimmicky rear end, it is actually a superb tourer: fast, stable, great drive and handling in sport mode, and tons of luxurious space. The car shares almost everything with the 7-Series and is only linked to the 5 in name. Even the trim options i have cant be got on the 5-Sedan and Touring [such as Ivory White Leather and Unlacquered Fineline Wood Interior. All the fun bits are standard.

I am soooo glad I got this over the M-Sport Sedan which I still cant love.
Well I have 7100 on my 550 GT. My car still looks showroom, and when I drive it I'm not shy with it. The car will scream in sport mode, and to be honest I have no complaints about the handling. The only thing I am on the fence about is the run flats, altough the Good Year Excellence RFT's are better than other RFT's I have experienced, they still can be harsh over some surfaces. Other than that I love driving my "wing less" private jet
2018 X3 M40i BSM/Oyster/ZPP/ZPX/HK/S6CPA/718M(retired)
Appreciate 0