12-28-2014, 09:08 AM   #21
Noggie
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: E31 850i,i3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamRWS6 View Post
Needing some love for carbon black in here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by valbmw View Post
I am with Carbon Black and this is the factory color for M Sport. Never was happier with the color but let's admit this is the endless discussion not only because it's similar to "blonds vs. brunettes" but mostly because we have our personality liking the different things.

I believe it is not necessary to justify the color because it looks better when dirty. It's like to choose color of shoes based on how it looks dirty. Just keep the car clean since it's the right thing to do, and this is a kind of BMW forum not the Ford F500. Let's not make simple things complex: a small Kärcher Pressure washer costs $100 on ebay.

IMO white color makes sense on a very expensive cars the same way as white cocktail dress sits the best on a supermodel. I have just came from the evil place: the Mercedes dealer, and let me confess: the CLS 63 AMG in full leather-wood-carbon-LED is perfect in white while the most of the F10 (except maybe M5) are not. And I am convinced, the black shades bring out the design and body lines the best with the regular F10. But this is just my private opinion, and I have no intention to dispute anybody's preference.

Before making a poll (that wouldn't actually proof anything) I would advice the OP to take time, relax and think which color makes him feeling more comfort and satisfaction. Talk to wife or girlfriend: the gals have a different way of thinking but can produce bright ideas sometimes.

But let's be honest here the problem with carbon black is not the color, its that they call it black, which it isn't.
The proper name for that color should be carbon blue.
I bought my car unseen, and boy was I dissapointed when I got it out in the sun, I thought I bought a black car.

it is a nice color, but if you want a black car, this is not the right color.

When it comes to women in cocktail dresses, I prefer red
And I too have had some long looks at some AMG cars to be honest.
Appreciate 0