View Single Post
      09-06-2010, 02:45 AM   #17
bm323
Captain
Rep
Drives: 12.2 E92 M3 ZCP; 12.7 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by bm323 View Post
As mentioned I was expecting sport mode on my F10 with adaptive drive to be very tight, as BMW mentioned that it was supposed to make the chassis tighter than M sport suspension. The sport mode is only about right, and the other 2 modes, normal and comfort (making the F10 bouncy) are redundant for me. There is not any M sport suspension F10 for me to test but I really doubt M sport suspension is less tight than adaptive drive in sport mode. A forummer LARS mentioned the M sport suspension feels the same as dynamic damping in sport mode http://f10.5post.com/forums/showpost...9&postcount=23

My view is that the M sport suspension may be a better choice, much more economical, not needing to keep on pressing for sport whenever the car is started, and with less parts to go faulty. The main disadvantage is that it does not have the active anti-roll bars (which are effective and good) that come with adaptive drive but after market fixed bars may be an option. My tyres are Contisport 18 inch runflats, and my guess is that the ride would still be fine with 19 inch.

ps I believe the chassis in standard suspension is tighter (when I test drove the car previously) than normal mode adaptive drive.
Hi all, this is rather embarrassing for me, I shall need to amend my first post above soon after driving my F10 more. I just realised last night my tyres were severely under-pressured. I did not expect the sole agent here would have gotten the tyre pressure so wrong when I collected my F10 last week.

Last edited by bm323; 09-06-2010 at 06:34 AM..
Appreciate 0