View Single Post
      07-14-2014, 10:01 AM   #17
gclions
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i

I was going to joke about that being "Dinan's business model in a nutshell", but decided to hold back. Truth is, I simply can not afford to play in the Dinan arena. Who's to say if I had an extra $10,000 in my couch cushions which route I would go.

To my knowledge even Dinan had to admit piggybacks were the immediate way ahead with the newer BMW's, as the ECU's are too difficult at this stage to play with and show significant gains. I think Dinan caught a great deal of flack over blasting piggybacks, then a few short months later moving in that direction as well.

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will chime in, but flash tuning will become commonplace, but a company needs to break the barrier first. Could Renntech be that company? Possibly. They have the technological firepower, and even if they can only flash X5's, they aren't that far away from the F10 N63.

In the meantime, I'm going to put together a webpage claiming I can flashtune the N63 all the way to 580 RWHP / 630 RWTRQ, and I'm going to charge $60,000. Assuming someone bites, I'll figure it out then, but that will instantly give me the money to buy some Dinan parts and accessories.