View Single Post
      07-05-2011, 01:09 PM   #51
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

I agree reaching the 240hp figure so that it doesn't appear to be a downgrade for marketing, and also increased performance figures.. which makes one think they are 'pushing' for $ reasons.
I realize 240hp on a 2.0T is not pushing it, but those other cars are performance and hardly your volume sedan, except for VW (is it?) but they do have problems after a while(?). By problems i mean don't automatically assume a clear-sailing 10yr ownership of a turbo engine without something going wrong, on the majority of cars. Just guessing on my part, but the mechanics of turbo imply such (or not?).
Ironic if even the carmakers could car less what an engine looks like in 10yrs, but what ceo would still be around in that time? Alot of what we are seeing is market realities +eco mandates, rather than engineering reality, its more like engineering for profit. Which has to exist, I realize, but history has shown when they push it too much one way, the wheels WILL fall off, and kaboom! they will start to focus on reliability as they rebuild and it starts again..
Appreciate 0