View Single Post
      10-16-2016, 11:28 PM   #26
Stück
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5, E46 330i, R56 Mini.S

I hadn't talked to Alex about a burble, I'd be interested in it if it can be tied to Sport mode only. Having it to it all the time would get annoying. Its too boi-racer.

I have the M Performance exhaust on the car, and it actually drones less now with the catless down pipe strange enough. Before I had a resonance in the cabin when going ~40mph or so in comfort in 7/8th gears. Basically when the engine was lugging along buried behind gearing. Its significantly reduced. Doesn't do it at all in Sport as the trans keeps the RPM's up.

I found the factory intercooler was piss poor at controlling elevated IAT with the new tune, and it sharply spiked after a 30-100+ pull and took a long time to come back down, never actually reaching the temps it was at before.

I have the heat exchanger type oil cooler setup, so there is no option for me there. Not having any oil temp issues though.

Good to know Alex is back stateside, I've got a few emails waiting for a reply :-) I'm going to skip MP STG2, and go straight to whatever we can work up for the Pure STG2 turbo in the works.
Appreciate 1
gabypr150.00