Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: G30 520d Xdrive - M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krill View Post
So after 5 months of countless visits to the dealer with my 530d M Sport they finally agreed to do a buy back. I have had the dreaded vibration between 100-120 km/h and the dealer tried everything to no avail.
Love the car as a whole but the vibration was obviously not acceptable. I'm considering ordering a new f10 but want to be sure that the new one doesn't have the vibration. My dealer says that BMW strongly recommends selecting the standard chassis instead of sport chassis (in the m sport pack), to be sure that the new one doesn't vibrate.

Does anyone have any input on this? Do i dare to order again? I want DDC on the new car too! Is there anybody here with a 2013 F10 that vibrates?

Thanks in advance!
same thing here: dealer had the car for the fourth time. So far they found/rectified (but to no avail):
1. a cracked rim. Dealer confirmed he felt the vibrations with the cracked rim. With the new rim they didn't feel it anymore. To me nothing has changed at all...
2. they re-did all 4 wheel alignments (to also counter a pull-to-the-right issue). Again, vibration still the same...
3. Then they suspected the (summer) tires. Replaced them with winter tires (scheduled replacement) last Tuesday -> same vibrations.
4. the dealer double checked the wheel balancing (not sure this it the right term), and said they performed a 'hot balancing' (performed on hot tires). Again, to me nothing has changed, vibration still the same

Venting some frustrations...

The worst part is that the dealer says they felt the vibrations only occasionally and very faint, whereas I (and some passengers!) notice this 'all the time', and with an intensity that's high enough for passengers to bring it up spontaneously...

Drove a 1-series as a loaner each time, and none of these exhibited the vibration, on the same highways I'm taking daily...

All of these vibrations started occurring when changing the tires the first time, before that, the car was smooth, no vibrations what so ever...

Sometimes I feel ashamed when taking passengers. This is certainly not feeling you want an F11 to bring across...
I know exactly how frustrating it is!! I have also had 1 series as loaners and have never experienced any vibrations in those at all, a car which is half the price of my F10!
My brake discs and hubs were replaced as well but the vibrations were just as bad as before..
Appreciate 0