View Single Post
      08-14-2011, 07:04 AM   #3
jlgwu
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 440i GC X-Drive M Sport

I too was looking into spacers for my 535i Msport. My car came with the 19" 351M's. I asked around and checked with a couple of different tuner shops and they both recommended that I go with 12mm all around. I heard that some have gone more aggresive......one posting on this forum (I can't remember who), ended up putting 14mm on the front and 20mm on the rear without any reported issues. I, myselft, wanted to be a bit safer.....wanted a more aggresive stance but some safety that there won't be any chance of rubbing. Also, I thought that there has to be a reason (probably handling) that BMW makes the car with the fronts being a bit wider than the rear. At least, with 12 mm all around, I'll maintain this and be safe.

I went ahead and ordered the BIMECC 12mm hubcentric spacers along with RAD extended 38mm bolts and RAD extended locks.

All good you think......then I went ahead and had a change of heart and decided to get different rims. Am buying the Forgestar F14's which are custom fit for the f10 to ensure a flush fit.

After all that, I won't need the spacers anymore and will probably sell a bit later. Oh well.......just thought I'd post the results and reasons for my decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inny View Post
Hello all,

I am looking to install spacers (get the wheels a bit more out) on my new to come 520D M-Sport. The wheels which will be on the car are the 350M.

I was reading the past week about offsets and different spacers front and back and so on but I am still in vain, as it seems, to do something on my own which barely makes sense to me. It's just one of those things that don't stick in your brain.

So I am looking for a bit of help to get the correct choice (width) on the spacers.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0