View Single Post
      03-20-2011, 03:01 AM   #12
JPHender
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1999 528i, 2011 528i Sport

I agree with most of your list. I have noticed several of these issues in the 8 weeks I've owned my car. I'd add to the list:

1) My E39 had up/down arrows for radio volume AND channel on the steering wheel. I wish the hadn't removed the channel arrows. (I know you can use the click wheel, but you have to look at the display to see what you are doing.)

2) There used to be a ventilation recirculate button on the steering wheel. Why did they remove it? Better yet, put a button on the steering wheel that we can program however we want.

3) I'm sorry, but the iPod interface on idrive really SUCKS! How about BMW hire a couple of apple UI engineers to redesign the whole idrive interface while they are at it. It looks like it was designed in 1996...

4) I had the same confusion trying to understand if the head lights or DTRL were on. I think one of the follow on commenters cleared that up though.

5) I'd vote for the car remembering what drive mode it was in the last time the car was driven.

6) I'd like the option for a spare tire/jack/and regular tires.

7) Why do I have to make a half a dozen button clicks to get to the now playing song on my ipod?
Appreciate 0