View Single Post
      07-06-2012, 07:12 AM   #1
426Hemiman
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 550i

Wheel change, best of both worlds

I have just ordered a 2013 550i and it's in the queue for build at this time. We ordered it without the sport package as my wife didn't care for the overall look or the change of the smaller steering wheel inside. (The car is my wife's primarily) We do not care for the stock wheels but do like the 373m wheel. We also are very particular about maintenance and longevity of our vehicles. So with that siad this is what I am proposing to do for wheel selection: Order four front 373m wheels so this will allow for equal tire size front and rear and for tire rotations and longer tire life. We live in the south so summer/winter tires are not an issue. This will let me use the higher profile tire on the rear and thus lessen the likelihood of road damage. Now we both like the sporty look so what I propose to do is install a 15mm wheel spacer on the rear only to bring the narrower wheel out which should have a more flush look and also have a slightly wider stance as viewed from the rear. This combination will move the outer lip of the wheel out by 11/64" farther that what the factory wheel from a sport would be so there should be no scrubbing issues. So for me this should give me what I am after: more sporty appearance along with better tire life overall. Now two questions for all of you: 1) When rotating tires will the computer relearn the change of the TPMS sensors or will this have to be programmed during rotation? 2) What do you all think of my idea?
Appreciate 0