Shake n Bake
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 520d M-Sport Prof Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc06 View Post
Hi

I'm new and looking for some advice as I am about to order a 520d M-Sport auto with 19s.

1) Should I go for VDC - I keep hearing press reports saying it's needed but my local dealer insists it's not?

2) Is flappy paddle gear change any good?

3) Should I be considering anything else?

Thanks
J
I've been on this forum for over a year now and the VDC question pops up time and time again (as do many others). I think I am right in saying that everyone who has it says it's a must and all those without say you don't need it.

What I surmise from that is that those who don't have it are perfectly happy with their ride (including me). I'm speculating here, but my view is that if your driving tendancy is towards predominantly performance driving then you'll benefit from it - but if that were the case you wouldn't be buying a 520d.

You will see this a lot on the forum. The standard car is really good and so you just don't miss what you never had.

Save your money and spend it elsewhere. Sports Auto is awesome. Prof Media is very good. Flappy paddles are occassionaly useful. I stayed with the standard headlights and can testify that they are poor on unlit country roads - my wife's Mazda 3 is way, way better. Fortunately I don't do much of that at night or else I'd be pretty annoyed.
Appreciate 0