View Single Post
      02-20-2013, 10:17 AM   #1
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

F10 CT/NJ/NY meet - tentative Mar. 23 - Floyd Bennett (airstrip) Field in Brooklyn!

Posted on bimmerfest

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopump View Post
This is going to be the next meeting spot.

Date to be determined. Let's see if we can get this rolling this time.

I'll apply way in advance for a permit so we can do a photo shoot (with the old planes in the background - Alan bring that DSLR/ Sigma) and be there without being hassled by the rangers/ LEOs.

Set to Sat. Mar. 23rd 12PM - will confirm or change as we get closer.

There are a lot of people clicking the thread but only a few posting/ saying they'll come.
What do we need to add: girls? hotdogs? sponsors (wheels, detailing...)?

Here is the web site of the The Floyd Bennett Field.

Feb 20 2013 update:
The person to speak with for permits is at (718) 338-3454.
I just got off the phone. Recap:

The nice Hangar with the old planes was damaged by hurricane Sandy and they do not know when it will be re-opened.
I described our intent: 20-30 BMW owners showing up and parking in one area next to each-other to form a non-commercial gathering.
One, a couple or a several people may have a camera and will be snapping a few shots of the cars.

Answer: NO permit is required so long as:
we do NOT "set-up" the area we use: canopies, tables, grills, generators, models, projectors, sound system etc.

If we cross that line and we are spotted = problems.
For info: if we wanted/ needed a permit, there would be fees + 2 weeks processing + insurance + filling-out a form which amongst things asks for the SS# of the person organizing the event. No interest on my part.
So there you have it.