View Single Post
      06-01-2023, 11:04 AM   #1
MP525i
Rep
Drives: '14 535i

Water Spots - Gone Then Reappeared!

Hi Guys,

I have an issue with my paint. There are extreme water spots on my hood, roof, and trunk. I went 2 months without washing it due to being extremely busy at work. So, this past weekend, I finally got around to detailing the car. Started with a wash and clay.

I went into the compound (using Chemical Guys V34) on a random orbital 7424 with a red pad. Wasn't doing the trick at speed 6, so I moved up to the rotary buffer. Started working in the product at 1200rpms and bumped up to 3,000rpms. After doing multiple passes (I'd say around 20-30 passes), the scratches and water marks finally buffed out.

After doing the rest of the car with the rotary, I went back to the random orbital, threw on a blue pad and hit it with Klasse All-In-One for the hell of it. Finally, I used the Ceramic Detail Spray TEC582 (2 coats - 24 hours between coats).

It was looking really good.... so I drive it to work on Wednesday and it sits out in the sun all day. I get home from work and the water spots rear their ugly little head again.....

Has anybody else dealt with this? Need help!

Thank you.

-Mike

*I'll post some pictures when I have a minute later today/tomorrow.
Appreciate 0