View Single Post
      07-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #6
ARNiTECT
Rep
Drives: 530i M Sport Touring F11

Wow 4500 miles! We got ours the same week as you and we've done just over 700 ...and would love to do more. Filled it twice, so brim to brim is about 24mpg, the journeys are short, and the car is usually heavily loaded. Computer said I was doing 45mpg on the motorway today at about 65-70mph so I guess it has potential.

Not driven the car at night yet, so can't comment on the xenons.

Parking, I am much better at now. I can get it into a space with a foot each end ok.

However, we have road width restricting bollards everywhere round here. The 6'6" wide ones I slow down for if they are head on, but some have to be approached obliquely and I have kerbed 3 of the 19" alloys :-( ...I now drive the long way round to avoid these roads.

Our old 318i feels like a little go-cart now.

The car's size has its advantages, we have hauled a stone family bath in it with the seats down, and regularly fill it with heavy building materials. No roof box yet.
530i M-Sport Touring (F11-2012) 19" 351M, VDC, SportAuto, Visibility, Comfort+Seats, MediaPro-Plus, Loudsp.Pro, DAB, Rev.Camera, Speedlimit display, Lane Change Warning, Sunroof, Sunglass, Sunblinds, Ext.Mirrors folding, Bootlid powered, Extnd.Storage.
318i SE (E46-2002) Auto
Appreciate 0