View Single Post
      10-15-2012, 06:36 PM   #3
evilbear8
Rep
Drives: F10 528

Understand the pain man. First month of taking delivery of my black 528 got stone chipped over my hood. Had the car's hood repainted. IMO if you worry about aesthetics, you should probably do it out of piece of mind. If you're worried about resale, you probably bought the wrong item. Cars depreciate and real value depreciation is significantly higher on luxury cars such as BMWs. If you are likely to keep the car for 4-5 years the amount you're looking at for the depreciation hit would be minimal compared to a non-repainted one (at least one can assume, if any at all).

Anyways if you have a choice of paint clear coat, go for ceramic clear coat for new paint, much better than the soft stuff bmw has. If it makes you feel any better, 3 months after my car's hood was repainted (after cure period), had applied cquartz finest on the car, 2 days in found some poser leaning on the rear fender with jeans & studs scratched the crap out of it. Lucky didnt penetrate the paint as the ceramic coat did its job... but 2 days after! was incredibly bad luck for me... needed to have the section polished off thinning the coat sigh.

Bear in mind that these things happen though.
Appreciate 0