View Single Post
      02-17-2014, 09:03 AM   #14
RealStig
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchlee View Post
Hi all - hit a huge pothole/crater this past Friday night at 9pm in Brooklyn, NY. Intersection of Bay Parkway and Cropsey Avenue, right before you get onto the Belt Parkway West ramp. I have a 535 xDrive and was running on 4 Continental DWS (replaced the RFTs when I got the car because of the many bubble stories).

I was following a bus in front of me going at around 15-20 mph. Couldn't see the two potholes until last minute. Avoided one of the potholes but not the other (see picture). Hit the pothole and heard a huge sound. About 7 seconds later, when I get on the highway ramp, the car warns me that my front left tire pressure is low. I pull over and get out of the car. Immediately I hear a whizzing sound and air squeezing out of my tire. I called BMW roadside assistance, reached a representative who cared and was with me on the phone for the whole time. She told me that the next tow truck would be available in 3-4 hours. She also told me that I could call providers which I did because I didn't want to wait 3-4 hours. Took me about 30 mins but got in touch with a tow truck company that was able to come within another 30 mins. The tow truck arrived but it wasn't a flatbed. He towed my car on the front two tires with the ignition on and the car in neutral. (At the time, I didn't know that if you had an all wheel drive car, you needed a flatbed). The tow truck towed my car about 5mph the whole way for about 2 miles to a tire shop near my house. I went home and got a RFT and replaced the busted tire. Fortunately, the rim was not bent, which I am pretty surprised about. After getting all this done, when I left the tire shop and started driving off, my car gave me 2 warnings: Chassis Stabilization Error, 4x4 & ABS/Brake Error. It said to drive moderately and bring the car to the nearest service center. After driving for about another 10 minutes, there was a noticeable drift to the right if you drive without touching the steering wheel.

Anyone have an ideas of what this could be/what could have affected these errors to show up? I'm thinking a wheel alignment maybe needed. I am bringing the car in Thursday morning since they don't have appointments available in the next couple days. Anyone's 2 cents/tips/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/s...ee/photo51.jpg
http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/s...lee/photo5.jpg
Those potholes dont even look that bad how did this cause such a problem?
Appreciate 0