06-22-2017, 07:29 AM   #5
Surly73
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535xi 8AT KWv3 MPE MHD xHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 823BMW View Post
No mods. The stabilizer bushing idea sounds like it may be it. Any idea the cost to replace? In comparing again today, the video link is actually more dramatic than what I am hearing. Mine is more with smaller suspension movements when cold like the lip at the end of the driveway and tight turns on pavers. Larger bumps don't seem to make it worse than the smaller ones.
Cost to replace depends on how handy you are. A bushing alone is probably <$20 if you can DIY the install. I've got a post or two in a sway bar thread here that outlines all the tools and rough procedure for both front and rear bars.

I'll add a link here if I dig it up. You could also pull it apart and throw some silicone grease (must be silicone, petrochemical based grease attacks rubber) between the bushing and the bar and see if it quiets down.

Why replace it if it just needs a squirt of lube? Again - depends on how comfortable you are working on it. It's not a regular "maintenance" item to have to lube those bushings so the question would remain - why yours? why now?
Appreciate 1