View Single Post
      08-10-2017, 12:21 PM   #114
Sumptuous Hummus
Banned
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD31 View Post
I agree the Mazda 6 would be a great car if it didn't have such an anemic engine. 184 hp is pathetic, c'mon Mazda bring back the Mazdaspeed 6.
have you actually driven one before?

it's merely adequate, or "just enough" in terms of output, but 185 ft/lb of torque at 3250RPM is honestly quite impressive especially considering it's just a 4 cylinder. the little 4 banger rips once you get it to 3k rpm and it pulls strong and super linear all the way up to its rev limit. makes a sweet bassy tone while it's at it with lots of induction noise.

I've never had a problem with it's power output except on the highway where it feels gutless. but in the city there is enough torque at a pretty low RPM and the gearing makes good advantage of it. it's all about the chassis/handling anyways which overall makes it a very fun car.

I do fully agree with you on the mazdaspeed, but apparently they ax'ed the MS brand, but others are saying that they are going to make a mazda speed 3 (2.5 turbo ) 300hp with AWD. easily will top it's class if they make that car.

they are also making the next rotary concept, but unfortunately no plans for a mazdaspeed 6. however, they are making a new signature trim level, so the mazda 6 will have a 2.5T like many of us wanted.

they will also be using HCCI (essentially compression ignition like a diesel engine, no spark plugs) which increases efficiency by 30%. but more importantly will up torque by 10-30% when paired with a supercharger. so the future looks pretty decent for mazda so far.

Last edited by Sumptuous Hummus; 08-10-2017 at 12:33 PM..
Appreciate 0