05-29-2009, 03:46 AM   #10
red.66mustang
Black.e90
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 M3, 6MT, Carbon Blk/Cinnamn

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM3 View Post
Thats my problem aswell. I have said it before in other threads...and this problem just doesnt affect interior but also the exterior design..they just seem to be going back to the one sausage different lenghts design of the 80 and 90's and thats a shame because ugly or not the previous 7 , 5 3 and X models all had there own caracter, looks and now bmw just seems to be going down audis path...have u noticed how all audis look the same on the rearview mirror?? if you notice carefully you will see that the front lights and the way the bonnet meets the lights and front bumper, apart for some minor details, is exactly the same as the new x1, 7 and the new 6 series...shame
Couldn't agree more. When the new 7 was unveiled with its "new interior" I was left was disappointment. Sure it looks more elegant than the F65 but it was lifted directly from the X5! In the current lineup all the interiors were unique to each car, but had similarities (same goes for the cars in the 80's and 90's). However, with the 7 and now 5GT its all the same pity.

As for exterior, I am going to say it. I miss Bangle's designs. Sure they were controversial but IMHO I think they worked and they only got better with each model. These new models, the jury is still out. I still can't get over how similar the F01 front end and headlights look to the E60 5er headlights and front end. Just my 2 cents...