delvek
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2014 550i Msport

Hartge trip and ECU install on F10 550i

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
My Hartge ECU install took place yesterday and I can only recommend their services to fellow BMW owners. Although I drove to their facility they do a tremendous amount of sales internationally and are worth checking out. Hartge's official stats for their 550i ECU is 360 kW (490 hp) / 5500 rpm 720 Nm (lb-ft 531) / 6400 rpm.

I don't winterize my 550i so leaving my home at 730am with temperature around 25F (but dry) I was a bit nervous. The drive ended up being uneventful albeit slow. Showed up at the Hartge facility at 9am and was met by Jörg who was my consultant from day one. He was just as friendly and helpful in person as over the many emails we shared. They had a great waiting room and the entire process took about 3 hours and involved some pre-ECU runs, some post-ECU runs and the actual install.

When it was complete, Jörg actually downplayed its results a bit more then I expected and up until the time I drove off I was a unsure if I would be happy with the results. On the way out the door he said, "enjoy your flight" and the mechanic who did the work was waiting outside and just smiled at me, hinting towards his approval of his work. I guess when you come in person they talk about your driving style and they are able to tweak the ECU to better fit your car and you. The drive from their facility to the autobahn was about 15 minutes and I felt no difference but didn't try to since I wanted my first impression to be unrestricted, luckily their entrance point to the autobahn is.

I had the car in normal mode and non S mode on transmission and when the pedal hit 70% the car grabbed and literally launched like I would never have imagined. The 550i is a fast car to begin with, one of the times they trapped was 80kmh/50mph to 180kmh/110mph, my "old" stock 550i did it in 11,4 seconds the "new" 7,2 seconds. You feel those 4 seconds in your gut and the car is transformed. It is a new car.

As it turned out I had forgot some documentation and since the facility was only an hour from my home I decided to drive back with it instead of mail it. The day had warmed up to 39F and was dry so I really ran the car through the ropes and the power was incredibly ready and without hesitation from 80kmh all the way up to 260kmh.

Please feel free to hit me up via pm for any questions regarding my experience with Hartge and their ECU.
Attached Images