View Single Post
      01-11-2013, 09:17 AM   #6
VirtualMayhem
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

I apologize for hijacking this thread but I haven't hit the post count quite yet to start my own thread.

I am in Phoenix looking at a Silver 550i with MSRP of $74,770, it is equipped with:

8 Speed Sport Automatic Transmission
Driver Assistance Package
Executive Package
Luxury Seating Package
M Sport Package
Heated Front Seats
Power Rear Sunshade

According to BMWConfig the MSRP on this car is: $75,070, I don't know why when configured it's $300 higher on that site but close enough

http://www.BmwConfig.com/BmwConfig/C...8-28d337da0d72

Invoice on the car is supposed to be $69,230. We are negotiating price right now and the dealer rep indicated that markup on their cars is only 6% and he is offering only a $2100 discount off the MSRP. He mentioned the invoice pricing on the Internet is simply wrong. I'm prepared to do the deal if he can get the price down to $71,000, almost double the discount they are offering.

I have great credit and am looking at a $0 down lease for this car - 3 years and 12K miles, ~$3200 out of pocket for fees, title, etc. My plan right now is sell the car at that price or I will take my business elsewhere. Just wanted some thoughts from the board on his comments and if I'm being unreasonable.
Appreciate 0