02-10-2010, 11:58 PM   #8
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
I just finished Bioshock 2. I liked the first one's story and gameplay better...the use of plasmid and weapon at the same time and cycling them for specific things on the fly can get...hairy!

I liked the first one because it was new, it was different and had less glitches (anyone had the non-stop music glitch in 2 yet?). The first one has you crash land to this place, and travel through it and learn about your character.

My major gripe about 2 is that I don't feel like a Big Daddy. They've added splicer melee attacks to this one. It makes sense for a spidersplicer with the hooks, but when you see yourself getting kicked by a thuggish splicer and the amount of HP that comes off...the thought that comes to mind is..."really? I'm this thing that can take multiple hits (when you fight one) but a kick took off that much of my HP?"

I would've thought being a Big Daddy would be just that...a slow, cumbersome, TANK! Something that can take a beating and dish out a lot of damage needing to be attacked by lots of splicers to even stand a chance. My favorite weapon is the drill, and I upgraded it as far as possible and used every gene tonic to up my melee abilities.

The result is awesome...as long as you have Drill Oil. As soon as you're out of Drill Oil it's plasmid/gun...

It's not a bad game...it just let me down. I was expecting more; the story is OK, but very predictable (no spoilers here). The game, just like the first one...is pretty short.
Appreciate 0