View Single Post
      11-01-2013, 10:07 AM   #12
pkancel
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

No sir, we bought the F30 late last year. This one is a 2011 528i and I am pleasantly surprised. I bought the 3 series for my wife and she ended up taking my Audi because she didnt like the Start Stop on the BMW. So when I started looking at the 5 series, I really wanted the 2012 or 13 engine because of the higher torque but since the Start Stop was a deal breaker for her, I looked at 2011, new body style but the 6 cylinder without Start Stop. I wasnt sure the power delivery would be adequate but surprisingly its pretty peppy, especially low end which I didnt expect. Put the gear lever in Sport and it comes alive even more.

Its a big change because we had a 750, then a 550, then even a S550 all of those big V8s and great power and sound. But I would get so mad watching gas prices go up for no reason other than the wind blowing that I decided we were getting efficient. Since most of our driving for both of us is highway, the 3 series is averaging 35+ MPGs. Coming back from LA last night, got 33 from the 5 and that was running about 80 MPH all the way home to OC.

Obviously there is a trade off because we dont get that grunt and torque from a V8 but both of these cars are fun to drive and the best part, even when spirited driving, we have more than doubled the MPGs from our past cars. Sorry the long explanation.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWPos View Post
Congratulations!!!! Is the 2012 328i the new car?
Appreciate 0