View Single Post
      08-30-2011, 01:31 PM   #1
yxc145
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Burger JB3 Kit, DIY step 2. Very important!!!!!!!!

Ladies and Gentleman.

I finally got my JB3 kit installed, after 3 tries with the instructions provided by Burger tuning website and thread.

Step #2. Disconnect and connect the MAP sensor under the Airbox.

SERIOUSLY, Don't waste time trying to do that with the airbox in place. It is extremely difficult, nearly impossible, and super ackward. And if you don't do it exactly right, you may risk breaking the sensor connection/clip.
Taking the airbox out is a piece of cake!! Since it is held in by two rubber grommet down the bottom, all you really have to do is loosen the clamp on one hose/pipe end, pull it out, lift up the airbox, then pull out the other side of the hose/pipe.
There is no wiring or anything important connect to the airbox.

Seriously, if you are going to install the JB3 kit. This is the best way. Literally takes total 6 minutes and 30 seconds. 1 min for TMAP, 2 minutes for the airbox, 30 seconds for the MAP, 1 min for MAF sensor, then finally 2 min for the last sensor.
IF you have to take more than 10 minutes to install with my suggestion, I will pay you money to have this installed by a shop!!! Just kidding.

Hope this is helpful for all future installer. Lesson learned after 4 tries, 3 hours, and 2 cut up hands, and 1 good mechanic.
Appreciate 0