View Single Post
      10-18-2012, 10:51 AM   #6
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

an update, had the car in the dealers for a hopeful resolution to this.
Despite oiling the internals of the seatbelt mechanism this has not fixed the issue. the next step the dealer will take is to order the part hightlighted in the original photo and replace. Total cost of the part is £27.50 (although I'm not paying)
I also sat in a model 2012 5 series that happened to be in their possession and this did not have the issue so hopefully replacing this part will sort that out.

Although this is a 5 forum, I'll comment on the new X1 2.0d auto 4 wheel drive I had whilst they worked on the car.
I thought this was quite cheap in comparison on the inside and certainly didn't have the quality feel that there is in the 5 series.
The 2 litre engine whilst adequate , I was not impressed with it and and idle and starting to pull away really sounded like a tractor. Once on the move its was ok but it makes me very glad I ordered the straight six diesel instead for my 5, its streets ahead. Steering on the X1 was heavier , a feel I personally prefer . I've got used to the F10's streering but do miss the communiction you got from the E39, that was nigh on perfect IMHO.
Also the X1 drifted off to the left like my F10 does and appears affected by camber just the same as the F10.

Certianly glad to get back in my F10 at the end of the day.

hopefully an update on this issue in the near future. There are no spare part in germany at present so it may take some time to get ordered and fitted.
Appreciate 0