01-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #12
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellmat View Post
Whatever car you choose, remember you have to enjoy it, there is no point in getting a small engine with great economy, if it is boring to drive. If you can afford it, test drive the 530D or the 535D with 8 speed auto, you will not regret it....even if you go for a car with a higer mileage.

Good luck in your choice....
I kinda agree, but when you turn it around and start from cash constraints, I would state that for the TCO, the best option is a 520d.

Then you drive a real 5-series with all its' build qualities at the lowest possible cost. When you have some cash extra to spare, yes, the 530/5d are certainly adding spices to the daily dish.

Again, a 520d ED is still a decent all day performer. My 520d can still make me smile every day when I drive it on normal roads with a lot of traffic lights and the usual congestions, more than my old 530i can.

On the other hand, I didn't step out of a Z4 with 340hp/450Nm either. But frankly, I would feel kinda silly these days in such a potent but small and irrational car during daily driving. It is special, but rather irrelevant.
Appreciate 0