View Single Post
      11-02-2011, 09:15 AM   #10
Happyguy
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 535 ix 2011

I have the same problem with the "on/off/2 second delay/on" hesitation at most speeds.

I went to the BMW dealer, told the gal there I would like to talk to a mechanic. She went to the back, came out a bit later and said the mechanic told her they had numerous people with the issue and that I should schedule an appointment. He told her to tell me they would reprogram it and the hesitation would go away.
I scheduled the appointment, brought the car in, and shortly after the service guy called and said they took the car for a drive and there was absolutely nothing wrong with it. I tried to explain but he was cutting me off and not really listening. I suggested there are many people online that seem to be having this issue and also pointed out the mechanic from their own shop acknowledged the problem. He said he had never heard of or come across this problem and insisted there was nothing wrong. He did say that I could correct the problem by manually shifting the transmission in sport mode. Hmmm!
I explained that I have driven the BMW 6 spd autos and not seen the problem there..perhaps it is an 8 sp tranny issue? drive by wire issue? turbo lag issue?
Does anyone have any thoughts or been able to resolve this problem?
Appreciate 0