View Single Post
      08-02-2013, 01:42 AM   #16
BM MAD
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10 530d

Unhappy info screen idiosyncrasies??

Roughly 18 months ago, noticed ''darkening spots/smudges'' on screen. Service agent tried various methods to ''clean'' screen. NO success. Local BMW distributors - on my insistence !!! had car for a week to have technical division do intensive testing. RESULT:''user abuse/micro!!!!! scratches''
Obviously I was furious (i.e.: always cleaned dust etc from screen with micro-fibre cloth etc) At own cost requested internationally known expert- a Professor @ local U in ''photonics etc'' to do testing. He issued 3(three) reports debunking the above finding by tech division. NO JOY from agents , had to replace screen @ own cost (prof's final report stated that NO scratches but protective film separated, causing dark spot- he removed protective film with solvent AND PROBLEM SOLVED!! Of course -no protective film then and damage will occur)Therefore had to replace COMPLETE SCREEN -bl--dy expensive. He actually made a remark in final report that he questioned why BMW does not offer a more cost effective solution (i.e.: replacing film) I have now resorted to legal action to recover cost but BMW IS NEGATING ALL ENTREATIES, TREATING MYSELF AND EXPERT WITH DISDAIN AND INSULT. Having been a BMW owner for 30+years- from 3 series to lately all iterations of 5 series plus ALL M5 models - this is disgusting and pathetic. PROBABLY my 2012 F10 will be my last BMW ever.:si gh:

Last edited by BM MAD; 08-02-2013 at 01:46 AM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0