View Single Post
      07-19-2010, 04:00 PM   #1
d47m122
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Need advice…F10 550i or M3 or…?

Been reading this forum for a while now and finally decided to put out my own post. I have a 2008 E60 550i that I’m turning back in on Thursday because my lease is ending. It’s my first BMW and I have really loved it. I’m having a really tough time deciding what I want to do next. In many ways, I like the new F10 550i. I’ve test drove twice now but I gotta say that it feels different than my E60…perhaps not in a way that I’m crazy about. I read a post about someone who chose the CTS V over the F10 and had to relate a bit. The F10 550i feels (to me) like it’s lost some of its edge over my E60, even with things bumped up to Sport+. I also was kinda disappointed by the look of the new 550i but that changed when I saw the new M Sport Kit (still haven’t seen a F10 550 in the M sport Kit but hoping I will soon) which I think looks really sharp (my E60 has the M Sport Kit).

So my conundrum is as follows. Do I go for another 550i or something else. My two favorite other cars are the M3 and the 135i. I have test drove both and was impressed by how fun they were to drive. I love the 5er for the room so I can pack friends into it and for its gadgets like the HUD. I love the M3 for the fun, but when you price things out the 550i and the M3 are pretty close.

As I’ve never owned an M3, I was hoping that I could get opinions from folks on which way I should go. The ’11 M3 with the Competition Package looks like a really fun car, but am I way off on my feelings toward the F10 550i? Appreciate the thoughts!
Appreciate 0