06-12-2013, 04:27 PM   #71
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacGT
Hi,

I'm considering trading my e89 Z4 sDrive35i for a 520D efficient dynamics model. A huge departure in terms of the type of car, but here in the UK the roads are rough and I'm favouring some comfort and better fuel economy.

Now there's a small premium for me to do this, and I've moved cars in the past and regretted it... so I wondered if anyone here has moved to an F10, particularly coming from a sports car or something high powered, more feely, and in touch with the road... then regretted it?
I have 2013 f02 and its pretty much an f10 with a different badge and a little more leg room in the rear.

But, I drove an f10 loaner for a week.

I must say, it has every bit of the magic of an e39, but with tech that actually works.

The f10 will most likely be the last 5 series you recognize as "classic."

The transition to super tech is here and the next 5 series will start to eliminate the "chore" of driving altogether.

So, I would suggest that you take the f10 and don't look back. It is such a fantastic car in all variants.

Please, be sure to get the ARS as I found that contributes greatly to perceived handling.

Next, if you are a tech guy, get the HUD. Plus, if you are going to order the car please consider ACC.

The ACC provides for a high tech ride with stop and go. But, more importantly, the ACC gives you an advanced collision mitigation system. The advanced collision system combined with HUD provides (or will provide) statistically measurable safety. The primary purpose if the collision system is to offset the penalty of distracted driving introduced by iDrive and iPhones.

Finally, think twice about the sport package if you ride on rough roads. I highly recommend the xdrive as it inspires confidence in bad weather.
Appreciate 0