View Single Post
      10-14-2014, 12:48 PM   #37
jbeene
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 16 435i GC

My first car was a 2002, my dad then bought an e30 325i which unfortunately got smoked by a dump truck.

The cops told him that if he'd have been in just about any other car he would have been dead.

So I don't buy the lack of safety features / standards in the car. They are inherently super safe. The so called safety features in modern cars are, for the most part, driver aids that allow the driving experience to be dumbed down so less skill is required. I recognize that not everyone is going to learn how to balance a car on the limit, threshold brake or executive a perfect heel and toe. BUt damn its fun!

Learning to drive in a 2002 was the best thing any one could have ever done for my driving.

My son is going to be ready for his own car soon. There is something super appealing about finding a decent e30 325 for him. Not only for my entertainment in keeping it running but also in having him in something that he'll develop driving skills in.

Can't wait until the Performance Driving Center will be open in Cali. Will get him down for the 2 day course and maybe go to M school again myself.