01-17-2016, 03:02 PM   #13
SonicEndeavor
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luky View Post
This!!!

Or are you saying you never exceed the speed limits by even 1mph?

"Legal" is just some politicians BS idea of what we should be allowed regardless of morals or societal values. Prostitution is legal in NV and other places around the world, so is it wrong or right? I have no problem with emission standards (to a point) but there is no reason that it should be illegal to modify your car in California if it still passes the smog/emissions test...

CARB is a farce of a bureaucracy that duplicates what the EPA does for the entire country and costs CA taxpayers over half a BILLION dollars a year. (That is their "official" budget. Look it up. I read a report that the director of CARB admitted to a $900 million budget and wanted more). Think about what an extra half billion+ per year could do to fix our CA roads or schools or what not?
It's a health and safety issue, not a "moral" issue.
The EPA just adopted the CARB laws starting with 2016 model year cars. CARB does a helluva lot more than regulate auto emissions (a very small part of that budget, and does not duplicate the EPA in many areas) and is one of the main drivers behind our air being so much cleaner than it was in the past as well as the commensurate improvement in pollution related illness.

It's not illegal to modify your car. It's illegal to modify your car with a product that is not CARB certified.
I have no problem with manufacturers having to prove their products are 50 state emissions legal before they can be sold here. BMW and Dinan do it with their performance products and others should follow.
And to other points posted here, what really doesn't fly is this notion that one can illegally pollute a shared resource like the air we all breathe just because they don't agree with the laws, or just because they can get away with it... I have no words for that kind of thinking.