View Single Post
      06-15-2017, 01:19 PM   #4
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

primarily they swap the diffuser out more for the aggressive looks. when the muffler shop installs the M5 muffler it should just line up or they could make the necessary adjustments for example some guys like to have the tips stick further out more than running flush with the diffuser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcr3d View Post
My understanding is that the inner set of the quad tips set in further which doesn't match without the diffuser.
on the M5 the exhaust sits more inward...not on the normal 5 series tho...that's a totally different from what the OP is asking

here the M5 exhaust sits almost flush with the diffuser

here it sits out an inch or so

Here Lacster was i believe the first to get the M5 diffuser on back in the day with his custom exhaust setup but basically you can see how his tips are further out from the M5 diffuser

on this 550 the tips are barely flush with the M5 diffuser

just remember your OEM 550 diffuser is pretty flush with your bumper so the M5 exhaust will probably stick out a couple inches and if you decide to get the M5 diffuser as you notice it has a little lip or curve where the tips line up under
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 06-15-2017 at 02:37 PM..
Appreciate 0