View Single Post
      03-30-2012, 08:08 AM   #108
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
Oh and did you know the Challenger 392 is running mid to low 12s.....stock? You might need to research that. The 5.0 will beat it in anything else but the 1/4 and I spent quite a bit of time plundering though SVTP and LS1GTO. Both are great forums.
Yessir, that car really shines at the strip, and I almost got it because it reminds me most of a muscle car; the Camaro and Mustang are pony cars. Believe me, I'm not knocking the Hemi or the Challenger, I was just saying they don't make the 5.0-equipped cars look slow. I think stock the Challenger has a decent advantage in the 1320 over the 5.0 GT (it's a few tenths of a second I think, which is a good amount). But it doesn't exactly relegate the 5.0 to embarrassment. Don't forget though, that the Boss has the "5.slow" and also runs low 12's stock. In fact, this may be a bit OT, but as a Shelby guy I was amazed by this:

141 trap with I think only a KB, injectors, DRs and a tune. I'd have to do quite a bit to the Shelby to get it anywhere near 141. That Boss is a damn good car and that Coyote really deserves all the accolades it gets. Too bad it's mated to a POS of a transmission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terraforce1 View Post
BTW I was only joking about the M3 and Mustang on the corners. I've seen what the Shelby can do and I was impressed to say the least. Pity we don't get them in SA (well you can but it will cost the equivalent of about $184K! Yes you read right, a $184k)
$184k? Really? No thanks, I'll pass (actually I don't think I'd even have a choice in the matter). How much does an M3 sell for down there?
Appreciate 0