07-22-2011, 03:08 PM   #36
TunedIn
BMW Car and Bike Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 535i, '08 750i, '12 K1300S

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman75 View Post
I find that Imperial Blue looks good on sunny days because the reflection of the sky accentuates the blue. But under clouds it is not so great.

I do prefer deep sea blue. I also like LeMans blue a lot - my brother has that on his 330d M-Sport cabrio. But I do want the M-Sport and don't want to pay for paint, so that basically leaves me with choice of Imperial, Sophisto or Space.

I wouldn't bother with green or bronze or those other colors. I just find them to be non-BMW like.

I mentioned interlagos, but I think I really meant estoril is my favorite. I'd like my 550i to be this color:
Then you do indeed want LE MANS BLUE, not Interlagos or Estoril. The previous generation M3 (E46) color was Estoril Blue, but the current M3 (E90) is available in Jerez Black, Interlagos Blue and Le Mans Blue - no Estoril Blue. You and I have similar tastes. Interestingly, the new 2012 M5 will be available in Monte Carlo blue, which isn't bad, but it's a little on the lighter side, and not as nice a blue as Le Mans. So if I end up paying $5,500 for a special order paint color, I COULD go with Monte Carlo Blue on my M Sport 535i so it looked very similar to an M5, but I think I'd rather get the color I prefer, Le Mans Blue, and have something truly unique.

P.S. - Imperial Blue indoors looks black. Outdoors, if the sun is shining directly on the car from the direction you're looking at, you'll see a nice blue sparkle, but from the other side of the car, even on a sunny day, it still can be confused for black. Pass.
Appreciate 0