View Single Post
      02-11-2013, 08:51 AM   #64
Breach
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 520dA M Sport

Just to chip in here - F10 520d 184hp owner. I do mostly morning Brussels rush hour traffic (traffic, hah) and highways during the weekends.

- In bumper to bumper traffic I sometimes I wonder why I went for a diesel - my average consumption is about 12.5 l/100 which is quite high
- In normal city driving it drives very nicely
- On the highway it's good enough and I feel comfortable with the acceleration rate in most situations

Am I happy with it? For my needs - 90% of the time yes. However the other 10% are less pleasant - sometimes I need the extra acceleration and it's just not there. Sometimes the auto transmission lags about 0.5 sec which is quite a bit. Sometimes it downshifts when you think it wouldn't causing palpable jerky feeling. And that's when I'm alone in the car. When I have 4-5 people in the car and/or luggage it becomes, well a veritable pig ;-) Oh and yeah, it's a 4 cylinder diesel engine, which, when especially cold is very easily discernible.

This may read very negative but truth is - I'm quite pleased with the car and given that it feels and drives well enough most of the time I don't have any regrets in terms of engine power. But. You're not me. I'd suggest test driving both 520d, 525d and 530d if possible and deciding for yourself.
Appreciate 0