View Single Post
      07-01-2013, 03:09 AM   #1
2k15f30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i M Sport

B&O who? SQ rebuild for my 550i

I just rebuilt the Hi-Fi system in my car. I have replaced the front stage with a Hybrid Audio Technologies Clarus tweets & Legatia "Stage V" 4's for midrange. I kept the stock subs but they are now running as mid bass to complete the active 3-Way front stage. I eliminated the center channel and rear doors leaving the rear deck as stock and as rear fill only. The entire system is driven by an Audison Bit-One processor that feeds two Audison Hetrz HCP5D amplifiers. The sub range is comprised of two JL Audio 10w6's in a custom sealed enclosure that's installed at the ski hole opening & firing directly into the passenger compartment. This method of installation of the subs leaves zero exterior rattles and eliminates the nuisance of the fuel door popping open

Installation was done by a friend of mine that has to be the most anal installer ever. He was honored with Mobile magazines installer of the year 2010-2011 and has been in the top 100 installers for the last several years. The wiring is unbelievably meticulous. If you look at how he does it the cables look as good as stock and in some cases better i.e. power. All the photos are mid project, I expect to have finished product photos of the trunk area once I have the backing plate installed and everything is finalized.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0