06-10-2010, 10:14 PM   #22
Mr. Magic
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001 E46/330 and 2011 F10/535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acquarian View Post
if you can get the head up display. get it, the 535 is and excellent motor, and with that head up display. it will give your car that little bit of extra that other cars don't have
I went in with the HUD on my list of things to get. However, I found most everything I needed - including the NAV turn directions - were displayed in full vivid color right on the dash anyway - right below and between the speedometer & tachometer on an uncluttered dash panel. Alright, so not appearing to float in front of me, but really close to me and clear. Also, found the HUD display made some distracting reflections on the front windshield for me - the outline/glossy panel. And the show stopper for me was polarized sunglasses - the HUD does not work with them. I cannot drive in the day without polarized lenses to increase the contrast of the pavement and to see inside other car's windows/windshields.

I can understand how some would like this, but it would not work in my case. I also think the F10 dash is one of the best laid out and clearest, thus diminishing the appeal of a HUD. I'd urge anyone to check it out (HUD) on an F10 before putting this in your order.

-Magic

Last edited by Mr. Magic; 06-11-2010 at 10:16 AM.. Reason: clarified the dash layout
Appreciate 0