View Single Post
      11-15-2017, 09:34 PM   #68
vuthy335
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i montego blue - 2011

Garage List
Thanks a lot for those answers!! They're very helpful.

For the bumper, do you have a picture of how the parking sensors look when you wrap over them? I envision the deep recesses to be very difficult and will take a lot of pieces to get done. If you have a diagram of which separate pieces you use it might help the rest of us a lot

For the door handle insert, I'm actually talking about the silver piece. Maybe I didn't give it enough heat for the corners to go in, I'm not sure...

Sick wrap on the Subaru! I really like the CF details you put in [/QUOTE]

Glad I was able to help. Thank you for the kind words on the Subaru. That car was not an easy task. Lol

- the silver on the door handle insert. That's easy. Lay a piece on top. Smooth it out, the heat it and let it shrink into the curves. Push and get it in the cracks and cut it out the excess.

- I don't have a pic of where the parking sensors are. If you zoom in on my pics. You won't be able to tell where the sensors are I let it cover it and just didn't press into inane let the sun bake into it and conform to the area. I like. It seeing those dots.

- on the front bumper recesses, I learned from another guy. Make a pattern using painters tape. I would take painters tape and tape those inside recesses. Then peel it off as a whole. Lay that tape the back side of the vinyl them cut the pattern out and lay it in the recesses. I hope what I said made sense. If not let me know I'll try and explain better.
Appreciate 0