View Single Post
      11-21-2017, 05:04 PM   #84
antaholics
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 535xi M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by antaholics View Post
Any idea how to do this easily? I think there's a few bolts at the top under the hood, but I'm not sure if that's sufficient to loosen the fender...
Following up on my own question here... I tried the "heat and tuck" method with a scrap piece and it still ripped tucking under the headlight. I'm not sure if my headlight and fender just are on extra tight... but loosening the fender is pretty painful.

Bottom side:
You first have to take off 3 bolts holding the wheel well liner (easy), and then with one hand peel back the liner, and with the other hand undo 3 bolts holding the bumper to the fender. The bolts are hard to reach and the fender is hard to hold in place even with the wheel turned. Two of them are 8mm bolts and the last one is a 10mm.

Top:
Remove the 8 or 10 clips holding the weather molding under the hood, and then remove the first 3 or 4 bolts (10mm) holding the fender

After all of this is done, there's one more "U" shaped clip attaching the fender to the headlight assembly.. you need to push the fender inwards a little bit to undo that clip, and it will release from the headlight
Appreciate 0