View Single Post
      05-15-2011, 10:50 PM   #1
montanaman
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 535 Msport ..

1st 500 mile driving impressions..

After just 500 miles in on my F10 535 M Sport .... I have to say I am impressed to say the least. I have been fortunate to have had a couple of 911's, a Benz or 2 and recently an Audi A8. This car seems to be the best parts of each of my previous cars. Lets start with the engine... the big turbo in-line 6 just seems "right" in every way. Plenty of low end torque, wonderful 30-50 acceleration and from 50 to 100 plus.. like silk on fire. Cant imagine needing the 8 in this car. The handling has surprised me. I took it up on Mullholland drive today and really ripped it around some hairpins and I was shocked at how snug the car felt heading into turns at 40 MPH. Even with So Cal roads that look like Afganistan I think it is the best looking sedan on the road bar none. I was expecting less as so many have complained about the fact that the car feels "big" in the corners. Its not a 911 to be sure. I did not drive a previous version "bangle" 535 but I think this car feels solid and if anything I might try to take it further and harder than I should. I have noticed the transmission holding low gears too long when accelerating hard in "Sport mode". Not sure if this is because the tranny is still "learning". I have noticed none of the "pulling to the right"or surging issues. Although a few times I have started it and the rev's have gone up and down with out any input. Not sure what that is.

Bottom line ...

Lovin it
Appreciate 0