06-06-2013, 03:29 AM   #15
K-A
Nice
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S SportDesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_rangdo View Post
Last loaner I had was a 316i

Cheap interior and no guts at all. If nothing else I wish they'd sort that dash out, the iDrive screen looks like a tablet has been glued on as an afterthought.
Agreed. This is a horrendous trend going on by BMW, Audi, now Mercedes. Literally looks as unresolved as you describe it. Marketing wants of to believe that they're like "Flatscreen TV's" or "iPad's" on dash's. Firstly, a real iPad or real flatscreen is appropriate where it was intended, it you get what I'm saying. Steve Jobs would have never designed an iPad to sit on a cars dash, for example. It sounds like an excuse for them to try and milk some current trend.

To me, it's an excuse to cost cut for them, somehow, as it seems they don't have to design an interior to wrap around an integrated screen, therefore can save money? I dunno, it just appears that way.
Appreciate 0