11-30-2017, 02:15 PM   #695
steeve13m
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarini View Post
Feel my pain as i feel yours folks

I made this today... bought this car second hand 3 weeks ago its a 2010 530d... test drove it around the dealers a bit did not feel it... only came to feel this on the highway the other week... did 2 wheel alignments... one at a tire company 2 weeks back did not fix nothing did another one at the BMW dealership 3 days back its exactly the same...

Then found this thread if i only knew this 3 weeks back i would test the car looking for this... and would not pick it up. Period!!!

I mean WT.... I come of a E90 330d had bought it used had it for one year ran on summer setup mixed 18ns and winter setup classic 17s and nothing.... straight!
Then crashed the thing hard in the back of the car completely smashed front chassis had to be a bit realigned and after getting it back quess what went straight as an arrow!!! Hands of steering same speed e90 tracked perfect straight on the same road the video above was shot....

that all i can say...

L
Hi I have the same pulling to the right issue on a 2013 F10 M5.....do these fixes below only apply to the F10 5 series or to the M5 as well?

" http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=549373

"Mine was completely solved. It can happen. I had it as bad as that video.

1. Software update
2. Rotate springs (not struts, there are no struts).
3. Replace upper steering column.

1. ’Straight through conversion’ software update
2. Rotate struts + alignment
3. Replace power steering rack + alignment "

"Turns out that this problem is well known to BMWNA. There are three fixes.

1. EPS software patch. This supposedly adjusts the way the EPS responds to the forces from road crown.

2. Spring rotation. This affects how the car responds to crown and bump steer.

3. Steering column. Rumored to have a batch manufactured that was not within BMW's tolerances. Supposedly it has something to do with the torque characteristics of the column and it's resistance to being pulled by bumps and road crown. New part was installed as of August or September 2010 production. "
2018 Range Rover Velar S-White

Last edited by steeve13m; 12-01-2017 at 03:19 PM..
Appreciate 0