05-19-2010, 02:15 PM   #200
delvek
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2014 550i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
Better buy a Citroen C6 in the first place then.
Thank you for the horrid flashback with the C6 reference ...

Last month I was stuck in Athens with the wife and kids due to the Volcanic Cloud Ash Attack. After 8 days of vacationing the 3 extra days in Athens was not too welcome but when the 3rd day came we had an opportunity to fly into Vienna on the only flight (mainly because I cornered Aegean Air to pay for my hotel every night), but to stay on topic ... the C6 ....

After a 1 hour train ride and a 2.5 or so hour flight we landed in Vienna and went to the Hertz rental desk to pick up my luxury class rental to drive from Vienna to Frankfurt. The rental manager assured me I would be driving 1st class in a C6 and all the EU presidents drive around in this. I am a hardy traveler but I was pretty worn out and just asked for the keys. We left at 8pm and arrived at 4am, 8 hours middle of the night drive, kids and wife asleep and just me and the road, mono v mono and I can tell you with 100% surety ....

I would rather walk out my door every morning and get a swift kick in me arse then drive that sled again.