View Single Post
      05-22-2010, 08:16 AM   #202
SE135i
Rep
Drives:

M-sport suspension etc...

Thanks Erasmus for the info about your experience with the performance of the 528i.

Regarding the suspension discussion here, My local dealership have a 530d with 704 M-sport suspension, 2VH integral active steering and 19 inch W-332 setup. No 2VA Adaptive drive or 223 Dynamic Damper. The M-sport suspension cannot be ordered on cars with 2VA or 223.

I have have driven this car and i felt both comfort, handling and performance of the car was great. In my opinion both steering feel and comfort and handling of the F10 530d felt much better than the E60 535d with Active steering, M-sportsuspension and 19 inch wheels.

Since the 704 M-sport suspension is most likely to be included in the future M-psort package for the F10 and the M-sportpackage most likely will be include 19-inch wheels and possibly 20-inch wheels. This would mean that a setup with 19-inch or 20-inch wheels with M-sport suspension would have been tested and optimized by BMW. In other words the best setup with 704 M-sport suspension should be 19 or 20 inch wheels.

Regarding the look of the F10 I would prefer the M-sport suspension since it also lowers a the car about 10mm which in my eyes appear to actually be visible when comparing an F10 with and without the lower M-psort suspension at the dealership. The wheel gap looked significantly smaller.

Or does the 223 Dynamic Damper include the possibility to adjust the ride height of the suspension?