View Single Post
      03-13-2015, 07:23 AM   #11
Variante Alta
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5d M Sport Metallic Whit

Well, as a couple years on follow-up, I have to say that I still love the GT look in the right color....I find that, as with many cars, they look great in some colors and not so slick in others. I was enamored the first time I saw a silver GT 550 - loved the exotic fastback roof line and the brawny stance...I recently bought a silver GT 535 and although I think BMW could have done a little better job on the front end, I still love the look and I like that I can go weeks (even living in an affluent area) and not see another GT..the interior is amazing (I get wide eyed compliments each time someone goes for a ride) and the comfort is top notch with incredible rear seating room (my 6'4" 240 lb buddy couldn't believe how comfortable he was in my back seat recently). I think among the problems was the designation (as a 5-Series) as it really should not be compared to the F10/11 or the E60/61...the GT is really a 7...should have been designated as such 735i GT, 750i GT, 730d GT...that's what it is...and it drives as such, not like a lighter 535. I suppose they didn't want to take away from the 7-Series sales figures with the significant price difference? In any case, it seems now that 2015 has hit, it's clear the design style is here to stay and has been expanded in the 3 GT and X4...value for money in undeniable as a used vehicle - I could not touch the trim level and extras I got with my GT in another brand at this price...get one before others figure it out and good used ones disappear. Best to all....enjoy your GT's for what they really are, not bemoan what they were never intended to be!
Appreciate 0